Whether or not you are entertaining, you want your table to look its best. A beautiful table doesn't have to be expensive. Budget table decorations can look fabulous. A few simple rules - with the emphasis on simple - will help you turn a plain table into a work of budget decorating art.
- Odd Number. Always include an odd number of flowers, candles, or vases in your centerpiece. The odd number is more pleasing to the eye and create a sense of balance.
- Vary. Remember that every centerpiece has dimensions - height, width, depth. Most centerpieces should be tall in the center and working lower and outward toward the edges.
- Don't Strand. Don't strand a single item such as a vase or candle in the center of a long table. Arrange smaller objects along its length to make the whole table more cohesive.
- Sight. Make your centerpiece low enough that guests on each side of the table can see over it and converse. There is nothing worse than trying to talk to somebody through the greenery.
- Simplicity. Simplicity is always best in centerpieces. Don't overwhelm the table (and the dinner) with too much "stuff."
- Fruit and Veggies. For a simple centerpiece, place fruit or vegetables in a pretty bowl - fresh and edible!
- Single Color. If you are unsure of what colors should be used in the centerpiece, go monochromatic and use versions of a single color.
Now you have the perfect table with decorations on a budget! What are you going to make for the perfect dinner?