Need new curtain or drapes, but you're having trouble choosing? I feel your pain - or at least, your confusion. Choosing curtains and drapes can be challenging. But if you just keep these tips in mind, you can make the best decision for your room.
- If you are having trouble choosing a color, choose a curtain or drape color that matches the largest piece of furniture in the room. The look will be elegant and "put together."
- If you choose a solid color, remember that you can always dress up the curtains with fancy trim along the bottom or edges.
- The more plain and the less layers in a curtain, the less expensive. Decide what you need in a curtain. Unless you need the layers for warmth, you can get the look of substantial curtains for less by layering inexpensive sheers and trim.
- If you want to draw attention to the windows and away from that ugly armoire from Aunt Jane, choose a curtain or drape with a pattern or print. Pull the room together by repeating the pattern or print in pillows or upholstery on a small side chair.
- If your room is "busy" with lots of pattern, give the eye a rest by choosing a drapery color that is the same as the wall color.
I hope these tips make your drapery shopping easier and more productive. I just love productive shopping!