When the countdown to Thanksgiving is over and the big day arrives, pass time and celebrate family and friends by playing games or having fun with these creative Thanksgiving activities. Of course, thankfulness shouldn't only be a part of Thanksgiving day. Many of these Thanksgiving activities may be used throughout the holiday season to decorate a home and cultivate a heart full of gratitude.
For decorative Thanksgiving countdown calendars and more ideas for celebrating and cultivating thankfulness, see our article.
- Thanksgiving Treat Boxes These little cuties from Yellow Mums are free to print and can be used for favors for your Thanksgiving guests. You could also number them for a cool Thanksgiving countdown or use them to tuck well wishes or gratitudes inside to share.
- A Day of Kindness This beautiful idea from What A Ride may not be specific to Thanksgiving, but I thought it was a wonderful way to celebrate this season of giving and grace. This terrific blogger shares her ideas on how she celebrated a "Day of Kindness," which would be a perfect way to spend a day during the long Thanksgiving weekend.
- I Love You Because... Board A Content Housewife came up with this cute idea that would make a wonderful way to tell those in your household how lucky you are to have them. Share a little love and thankfulness this season with this easy DIY write-on/wipe-off board. You could also easily change the words to something a little more specific for Thanksgiving, like "I am thankful because..."
- Kid's Thanksgiving Crafts & Decorations These fun ideas for decorative and festive crafts from Budget Decorating are just for the kids. These easy craft, decoration and table ideas along with kid-friendly Thanksgiving goodies that you can make together should keep little hands busy and out of the pumpkin pie... at least for a little while!
- Pumpkin Tic-Tac-Toe This new twist on a classic game from It's Overflowing will elicit giggles from guests of all ages. Sure, the kids will enjoy it but so will adults. Plus, the pretty pumpkins double as decor or even a centerpiece for the Thanksgiving table. (Prepare to spend a few more hours sitting at the table!)
- Pumpkin Toss Game Lil' Luna came up with this fun pumpkin toss game that will result in loads of fun from Halloween to T'day. These gourds look good too, and the faux pumpkins can be used for family fun time for years to come.
- Not-Your-Reindeer Games I just had to share this fun hub of Thanksgiving themed games over at Spoonful. From Digital Hot Potato to Tipsy TeePee, these games will delight children of all ages, from 1 to 100.
- Thanksgiving Fortune Cookies Kind Over Matter created these cute little Thanksgiving fortune cookies that you can print for free. Also included are beautiful quotes to tuck inside that will inspire you to be grateful and celebrate all things fall throughout this holiday season.
- Free Thanksgiving Games Our genius Guide to Freebies at About.com put together a fun hub of free Thanksgiving activity ideas, printables, games and more to help you celebrate your Thanksgiving frugally without sacrificing fun.
- Thanksgiving Greetings Last but not least, let the ones who can't be with you today know that you are thankful for them and they are in your hearts and minds by sending them an e-card. You could also snap a family photo during the day and send it off with your love and wishes for a joyful holiday season. For those who are in your hearts but can no longer be with you, say a prayer of thanks for their blessing upon your life or light a pretty candle (like this idea by Style Me Pretty) in memory and in thankfulness of their life.