Affordable Seasonal & Holiday Decorating Ideas
By Tonya Lee, About.com Guide
After fall and winter's holiday marathon, Valentine's Day often gets overlooked. But red is always in, and hearts and flowers are always welcome! If the idea of decorating your home for Valentine’s Day has you feeling short on creativity, we’ve got ideas to help spur romantic feelings or heartfelt fun.
Easter & Spring
Springtime holidays remind us that it's time to celebrate all things new, and spring is also a great time to give your home a bright new look. Our ideas can help you freshen your home and decorate for the holidays without breaking the bank. Here's to a fresh (and frugal) springtime!
- Crafty Easter Decorations
- Fun Egg Decorating Ideas
- DIY Flower Decor
- Easter Decorating Ideas
- Easter Table Photo Gallery
- Floral Home Decor Ideas
- One Table for Easter to Mom's Day
- Spring Place Setting Ideas
- Spring & Easter Wreath Ideas
- St. Patrick's Day Decorating Ideas
Summer brings with it outdoor parties along with its own special holidays, and there's no better time to celebrate with family and friends around the grill. You can beautify your outdoors (and your indoors) and still stay on a budget ... even when it seems the entire the neighborhood shows up for the barbecue.
- Festive Summer Food Ideas
- Food & Garden Themed Decor
- Creating an Outdoor Room
- Image Gallery of Outdoor Spaces
Halloween decorations can be cute, creepy, or somewhere in between. We've got ideas and inspirational photos to help you put together all types of Halloween decor. From pumpkin decorating ideas to hosting a Halloween party, our articles can help you create a spooktacular home this holiday season.
- 31 Halloween Decorating Ideas
- Make a Halloween Wall Hanging
- Halloween & Fall Wreath Ideas
- Craft a Halloween Shadow Box
- Decorate With Spooky Food
The holidays are about celebrating family, friends and tradition, not breaking the bank on decorations that will only last a week or two. From charming reuse ideas to inexpensive modern looks, find the best budget Thanksgiving decorating ideas in the sections below.
- DIY Thanksgiving Decorations
- Decorating a Thanksgiving Table
- Festive Foods for Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Centerpiece Idea
- Kid’s Thanksgiving Crafts & Decorations
- Thanksgiving Advent & Countdown Ideas
- Thanksgiving Games & Activities
The Christmas holiday can be hectic enough without worrying how you will pay for it all or how you will get it all done. Our fun and frugal Christmas decorating ideas will help you save time and money so you can relax and enjoy your holiday season.
- Top Trends in Holiday Decor
- Decorate for Christmas Fast
- Holiday Decorating for Small Spaces
- Holiday Decorating for Beginners
- Alternative Christmas Tree Ideas
- DIY Christmas Decor from Old Items
- Christmas Wreaths to Make & Decorate
- Christmas Centerpiece Idea
- Handmade Ornament Ideas
- Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Advent Calendar Ideas
- Christmas Tree Skirt Ideas
- Christmas Party Ideas
- Fun Christmas Food Ideas
Parties & Weddings
Planning a party or a wedding can be daunting, especially when you are on a tight budget. But with these easy and affordable party and wedding decorating ideas, you can host a beautiful occasion without breaking the bank.
- Perfect Party Decorating Ideas
- Fabulously Cheap Party Decorations
- Budget Wedding Decorating Ideas
- Easy Summer Food Ideas
- Fall Party Ideas
- Halloween & Fall Food Ideas
- Thanksgiving Themed Food Ideas
- Fun Kid's Thanksgiving Foods
- Christmas Party Decorating Ideas
- Christmas Themed Party Foods
- Host a New Year's Party for Cheap
When friends and family gather together for the holidays, good food is usually involved. Our table decorating ideas will help you set a table worthy of your guests while still keeping it budget-friendly - or free!
- Elements of a Holiday Table
- Ideas for Holiday Place Settings
- Five Holidays & Five Centerpieces
- Holiday Table Traditions
In the midst of all of the decorating and cooking, it's not often convenient or easy to make holiday guests feel at home. Our simple, inexpensive tips will help you quickly and easily provide a welcoming spot for your weary travelers.