Needless to say, I'm big into doing it myself. I don't hire anyone to do my yard maintenance, housecleaning, painting, construction or much else. Part of me feels like if I want something done right, I should do it myself. The other part of me is just plain cheap!
If you have someone like me on your gift list (or if you are that person!), Todd Oldman, the fab designer and creator of Target's Kid Made Modern collection, shares some unique gift ideas for do-it-yourselfers of all ages. Or feel free to sneak a few of these items onto your own Christmas list!
Todd's Best Gifts for DIYers
- A high quality craft basic is always appreciated. Fiskers makes the best scissors; every household should have a set. Blue painter's tape in several sizes is a great idea for people who paint.
- One of the best things about crafts is that it's a collection of stuff. That's also one of the most daunting things about it. An oversized tool box is a great gift for crafters because it's the perfect solution to keeping everything organized. A bankers box is another great gift idea for crafters and serves as an excellent storage solution. It also provides a sturdy working surface if you are working on the floor.
- I think one of the best gifts is a really nice set of brushes. The Kid Made Modern brush set is fantastic because the brushes are made of the highest quality materials and the set includes everything you need for crafting.
- I would also recommend one of the Kid Made Modern books because they have so many craft ideas. Many of the DIY projects in the book can be done with items people have lying around the house.
- A good set of permanent markers is a great gift for kids and adults. Choose a variety of colors and sizes to satisfy different needs.
Handmade Gift Ideas
Gifts for Big Apple Fans
Owl Themed Decor & Gifts
Connect with Budget Decorating
Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Pinterest
Photos Courtesy of Target