1. Home
Tonya Lee

Casting Call: HGTV’s Property Brothers Wants You!

By May 10, 2012

If you are shopping for a fixer-upper and live in the Austin, TX, area, this may be your casting call! Property Brothers is looking for outgoing, energetic and fun-loving homeowners that are willing to take on the challenge of renovating their new home along with the show's hosts, Drew and Jonathan Scott.

If you are chosen for the show, Property Brothers will provide the remodeling design, construction and a financial contribution towards the costs of your renovation. To apply for the show and for more information, visit HGTV.

Want to know how to create show-stopping style in your own home? See my article.

Blog update 12/29/13: Hi, everyone! There seems to be much confusion, so I want to point out to everyone that this is not the official HGTV casting call website. (If it were, I would send assistance to so all of you!) A while back, I noticed that the Property Brothers show was seeking families and individuals for appearances on their episodes, so I wrote this post to spread the word. I want to encourage everyone to visit HGTV at this link to find out about current casting calls along with other ways to possibly gain renovation help or housing assistance via HGTV. Best wishes to you!

Connect with Budget Decorating
Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Pinterest

Photo © HGTV

Comments

May 21, 2012 at 11:49 pm
(1) Lanfranco Sal says:

Oh how my mate and I would love to be on this show. Amazing set of guys and I love the homes that they do. Incredibly inspirational! Your posts and site are so helpful and detailed. The links you feature are also very useful too. Thanks a lot :)

November 23, 2012 at 11:54 am
(2) terrey says:

This beatiful single mom of five kids of her own took in me and my sister. She always does things for others. Can u help make her dreams come true? Her home was built in 1964. She cant affored a new home. She now has epilepsy. Her 2 businesses are slow day care & ice cream truck so i know this will suprise her from me. I want to show her how much i appercaite her taking me and my sister into her home. i am 11. my sister 16 years old . She dont get any funds for us.

November 26, 2012 at 8:45 am
(3) Tonya Lee says:

Hi, Terrey. I’m so thankful that you have someone to care for you and your sister, and she sounds like a wonderful woman. You are also very kind to want to help her. I have replied to your post via email with more information on how you may can find assistance for your caregiver’s home. Best wishes to you and your new family, and please keep me posted on you and your family’s life!

December 26, 2012 at 9:21 pm
(4) Antonio Esteves says:

Hi tonya , my name is Antonio, my wife nd I are looking to buy a mother nd daughter fixer upper. We watch the show a lot and love the work they do. We live in New Jersey and were wondering what we have to do to be on the show. I am a pretty good handy guy. I currently work as a electrician. Please can u help us with our dream home please!!!!
Thank u very much. Please email me back thanks again

December 27, 2012 at 9:10 am
(5) Tonya Lee says:

Hi, Antonio. Right now it looks like the Property Brothers are looking for homeowners that live in the Los Angeles area. See their most recent casting call here:

But… I promise you that it won’t hurt to contact them anyway! You never know when they may be looking for someone in your area. For tips on being cast, see my article here: http://budgetdecorating.about.com/od/budgetdecorating101/a/Star-On-A-Home-Makeover-Show.htm

And best of luck to you. Hope to see you on HGTV very soon! :)

February 3, 2013 at 2:45 pm
(6) Rick says:

Hi Terry are the PB’s ( Property Brothers ) looking to do any work in the Atlanta area?

February 9, 2013 at 7:26 pm
(7) T says:

I would love to work with the Property Brothers. I am looking to relocate to Dallas, TX; is there any chance they are working in that area?

February 11, 2013 at 9:43 pm
(8) Nan Burns says:

Any chance the show might be in the western N.Y. area. We have very affordable and historically significant property.

February 12, 2013 at 4:54 pm
(9) Billie Catelli says:

Please help my family. We watch your show all the time and cannot understand how you are able to help all those people on such a small budget. My family and I have been looking for a house for so long and cant seem to find anything in our price range. Unfortunately my husband is not very handy…..actual he’s not handy AT ALL!! So the problem we are running into is trying to find a home that we love that is move in condition but still within our budget. I dont know if you are familar with NJ but the home prices are still out of control. We have been looking for a couple of years with no luck. It is getting very stressful now since my daughter is going into HS in the fall. I need to find a home by the summer in a neighborhood with a good school system. Signed: “Desperately seeking a home”

February 17, 2013 at 10:22 am
(10) Tonya Lee says:

Hi, Desperately. My heart goes out to you. I certainly know what it is like to search and search for a home with no success, and the frustration that can cause. My first advice to you would be to find an excellent realtor that understands your needs and your budget. Many realtors also know a lot about renovation and may can advise you in that area, an may know contractors that they feel confident in recommending. Interview several realtors until you find one that fits and that you believe can truly help you in your quest. I would also advise you to contact Property Brothers directly via the link in the article, and look into other home shows also. Your family’s needs may fit on a variety of shows, so to have a better chance at being cast, don’t limit yourself to one! For more information on how to get cast on a show, see my article.

February 17, 2013 at 10:17 am
(11) Tonya Lee says:

Hello, everyone! Thank you so much for leaving comments. I would love to see each and every one of you on this show! Again, if you are interested in starring on Property Brothers, please visit the link in the article to see if there are any casting calls in your area. And it may help to contact them directly to see if any of HGTV’s or DIY Network’s shows may be looking in your area in the near future. For more information, see my article on how to star on a decorating show.

February 20, 2013 at 8:20 pm
(12) Kae says:

While watching Property Brothers is always interesting and a great learning opportunity it can also be frustrating. The show is typically filmed in the LA area, and I’d love to find a contractor who does fast, creative and quality work, while closely adhering to a budget AND a schedule in Charleston, SC. Any tips on the best way to find this elusive combination? Thanks!

February 21, 2013 at 7:46 pm
(13) Brenda says:

hello….I’m writing to tell you about two awesome people who are “Shirt off their back people”. They have survived our terrible housing market crash and are bound and determined to live the American Dream….
They are ready to renovate their kitchen and spend many more years in this home …the kitchen needs to be gutted and refigured….
I’m a friend of Caitlyn and Dave and am willing to jump in there and help with demo, painting ect….
I feel they would be a great couple for your show because they are spunky get down and get it done people….they need some help tho…
property brothers to the rescue?
Sunny Monterey county california would be a great Property Brothers Show sight!….hope to see you here:)

February 23, 2013 at 5:07 pm
(14) Pat Ross says:

I have a small house which needs remodeling. I also have an acre of land there that I can build on. My husband and I think it would be better to build than remodel. The house is in Western North Carolina. Beautiful property. Please let us know if you would like to help us with a major decession. Do we remodel or build. The house is a family home that is 50 years old. Thanks for you help or feed back.

February 24, 2013 at 1:34 am
(15) noemi mercado says:

hi pb’s
we r a low income family of six that still live in the projects. im a mother of 4 children and my husband n i live in boston ma.we have been looking for a home for over two years n no luck. my husband is a police officer so our residency must be in the boston area but this task has been so challenging not to mention difficult. it’s like looking for a needle in a hay stack. please help

March 29, 2013 at 9:12 am
(16) Jan Tedesco says:

Need you terribly in Montana…any chances!!??

March 30, 2013 at 7:42 am
(17) Isabella says:

Hi!!!! You guys are awesome!!!! My parents and my family of almost 5, I’m pregnant, share a home, and have been thinking much about renovating…..of course too many ideas and no definition to any is chaos! We have a beautiful home and I was hoping to get ideas on how to turn it into a mother-daughter home. My parents are amazing, but I feel bad sometimes that out younger, growing family may be a bit too much for them to handle on a daily basis….I wish we could have th e best of both worlds…be together and have them have their own space to run off to as well….We would love your help, and meeting you would be a life saver!!! Thanks for taking the time to read this!!! Isabella

April 1, 2013 at 1:42 am
(18) Demetria Garris says:

Thanks for posting this! I’ve been wondering how I may could get on their show. I’ll try the link… Good luck to us all!!!!

April 6, 2013 at 9:01 am
(19) Debbie says:

I’ve been wanting to purchase a home in Long Beach, NY for quite some time. I’ve been renting the house I currently live in for almost 10 years. The current owners want to sell to us since Super Storm Sandy has occurred. I would love to purchase it but not sure I could afford it plus all the renovation it needs. I love this city and look for suggestions anyone would have. The house would currently need a new kitchen, bathroom & all new ceilings with the possibility of being raised so to avoid the severe flooding another super storm could cause. It would be an excellent candidate for an open home concept. It’s not very large, a little less than 1000 sq. feet. There are so many homes in my neighborhood that are similar with similar problems. If you ever wish to come to this beautiful community with bay & beach views we would be forever in your debt.

April 7, 2013 at 10:14 am
(20) sandra says:

Come to LOXAHATCHEE FLORIDA! in palm beach county its filled with homes on acres and almost all of them are short sales or foreclosures & need upgrades or repairs. We have been searching for a home but nothing is perfect… WE NEED PROPERTY BROTHERS!! :)

April 17, 2013 at 11:23 pm
(21) Bob Connolly says:

Why is everything always done on the Coasts? How about Wisconsin? I would love to our house done by any show but particular The Property Brothers. Take. To the road once in a while, Please!

April 27, 2013 at 8:35 pm
(22) altamash says:

hi guys me and my wife always watch your show specially in the gym while on treadmil looking for the house for the last 7 months see if you guys can help we been married for 9 years finally can afford a house please help us thanks

April 29, 2013 at 4:44 pm
(23) YGathers says:

Hi Property Brothers,
You guy are wonderful and does the most amazing work! My husband and I have written this note to see if there is anyway possible you can represent us in the purchase and remodeling of this home, that we are in process of purchasing.
I am writing to find out if this show will be Charleston, SC. My husband and I are in the process of purchasing a home. The home is older and we are presently renting it. We have started the process, started the process to get qualified for the mortgage for the home. We would like very much if the property brother could see us through the final stages and would be able to remodel the inside to update it. It is dated, but the we love the home and it is comes on a great property and neighborhood. Please can you respond to let us know if this can be possible, even if it not possible, please still let us know. We really want the Property Brothers! and their help. I am glued to the TV when they are on HGTV. They do the most amazing work!!!!!!
We will look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Soon to be homeowners

May 15, 2013 at 7:30 pm
(24) Michelle F says:

Hey property brothers do ya’ll ever come to Louisiana?
My husband and I are a young hard working couple thats so ready to be done putting money into a home that we cant call our own. we have 2 beautiful kids with one on the way :) so we are ready to take the next step in our lives and buy our first home. family is every thing to us and to have a place our family can grow into would be amazing!

June 26, 2013 at 6:08 pm
(25) Nadine Mosley says:

Have you ever thought about helping an old couple,
We just purchased a small older home, and are a lost,
We still feel, and act young, but need the property bothers help .

I think helping a someone older,who could use a lot of help would be good for us and the show

July 10, 2013 at 10:22 am
(26) herminio santiago says:

let me know when are they going to be anywhere near north carolina.

July 11, 2013 at 10:10 am
(27) Hanni Meier says:

Need the brothers to renovate fixer upper in North Carolina without being on ny show,would they do it

July 18, 2013 at 1:20 am
(28) Dawn says:

I am not trying to be disrespectful but for the love of God please expand your confined area of TV!!!!

I live in Alaska, Anchorage, I am a nurse and I need help. I want to buy a home instead of throwing away rent money on something I don’t own!!

It is so tough up here, I love your show and you need to get up here and see what is happening!

July 18, 2013 at 1:21 am
(29) Da says:

please come up to Alaska

July 24, 2013 at 8:12 pm
(30) Josh says:

New parents in NJ looking to move out of our small 1 bedroom apt that we rent . Have a $220,000 budget and would love for your help!!! #njstrong

July 28, 2013 at 11:10 am
(31) Roshell says:

I am interested in the process of getting financed. I would love to work with the Property Brothers but don’t i know where to start in terms having financing set up. I have been looking into the 203k to purchase and renovate. I am hoping and am quite sure they have worked with these kinds of loans before. I know you have to already have financing before you asked to be cast on the show. I believe they have a casting call for Atlanta as well.

August 15, 2013 at 2:27 am
(32) Ron G says:

I am in need of help buying my first home. The housing market is crazy here in camas washington . We think the brothers could have a great time with our family as well as help us, we have a 220k budget but finding a home with what we want is really difficult. please help I am disabled so working on the place makes it hard plus we are so deppressed with our house. please help I need your professinal hlep to find our new home and soon make a family were looking for 3rm 2+ bath 2000 sq 1/4 acre or more would like a daytime basement looks like the houses you like to do so please please look at me ok love the show learing lots every show. fan Ron G vancouver wa

August 15, 2013 at 9:21 pm
(33) Lynn Napolski says:

Hi Tonya, Watch Property Brothers all the time. My favorite show! I am interested in the quartz counertop they used on the episode on 8/14/13 Called Kate and Dave. I love a lot of the products they use. How can i find a listing of products used? Seems like it would be good advertising. From the wood floors to their lighting love it all! Thanks for your time.
Lynn

August 28, 2013 at 3:19 pm
(34) Tonya Lee says:

Hi, Lynn. I agree! I wish they would post a list of their sources. I’ve thought that about a lot of the design shows. They seem to find some fantastic deals, too. I just don’t want all my favorite design shows to turn into commercials. If I come across anything, I’ll be sure to write a post about it. In the meantime, you might could contact the producers or write to the show. I’ve done that before and actually gotten great information from them. Best wishes!

September 4, 2013 at 6:11 pm
(35) Janey says:

Hi there I just sent an email to the address listed above just want to make sure you check it
thanks.
janey McCauley

September 18, 2013 at 1:08 pm
(36) Satrina says:

Was curious if you ever done any homes in or around Fairbanks Alaska?

September 18, 2013 at 7:11 pm
(37) BELDA URIBE says:

I love to see the show, we live in Mission, Texas… If the Property Brothers ever come to the Valley please visit us!!! My house needs to be remodel so we can sell it and buy a bigger more functional house!

October 13, 2013 at 11:08 am
(38) Mary Ann says:

Hello, I think that your show is totally awesome. I need some help. I live in Palm beach Gardens, Fl. , before that I lived in Eastchester, NY with my children before the divorce. finding contractors know what they are doing here in Florida is impossible. I have a wall down, I took down. I need to find someone to put it back. I hired a plumber he broke both the toilets, separated the granite away from the sink. I have no sink, kitchen faucet.
MY oven is broken. I really need some suggestions.
The yard is full of weeds, it is awful we can not use it neither can our toy maltesse puppies.
ON the other hand myself and my adult children want to move back to NY, we were thinking of Ct. only because the taxes are low.
please please give me some advice, I am very unhappy and so is my family. We all have developed Bipolar Disorder due to the awful divorce and move. I hoping you will help us.

October 20, 2013 at 8:20 am
(39) Jill says:

My husband and I are currently shopping for a home in the “Elmwood Village area of Buffalo, NY. We cant seem to find anything without putting a lot of work into it. While we have the money to do all this we need help finding our home and remodeling an older home to fit in this unique area of the city. Please Please help us Jonathon and Drew!!!!!!!!

November 10, 2013 at 3:45 pm
(40) Irene says:

Hi Tonya,
seems that New Jersey needs Property brothers a lot!
My husband and I have the URGE to go out of my in-laws’s house! We got married one year ago and I moved from Italy into their house. They are great people, but since my daughter was born (8 months) things got a little too tough here. We are rushing to buy a house in the area of West Milford NJ or Warwick NY (closer to work) but we couldn’t find anything that satisfied our wishes. The ready-to-move -in are way over our budget of 300,000$ and the one we put an offer of 250,000$ on I know is not gonna work the way it is now…it has potential, but only the experience of Property brothers could make it our dream house with 50,000$ for renovation..it really needs a lot of work!!! I know there is no way Drew and Jonathan can help us now, but it would just be awesome. Is there any way they can put New Jersey in the future casting call?Thanks for your time in reading.

November 14, 2013 at 10:46 am
(41) Tonya Lee says:

I agree that the northeast, especially the Jersey area, would be a great spot for the Property Brothers to set up a second location, or at least shoot a temporary season there. Real estate prices are so outrageous in the NE, and there are so many older homes to choose from that could use a little TLC. Or HGTV could do something like the “Love It or List It Too” where they add a second series but with different folks. However, there may be no duplicating the Property Brothers. :) Thank you for commenting! You made some very good points and I hope they consider expanding soon. In this depressed economy, so many people need help.

December 26, 2013 at 6:49 pm
(42) Fernando says:

Hello!

I am a 36 years old Spaniard. I work as a 2nd grade teacher in a Low-income area in Chicago,IL.
I have been married for the past 9 years and now we are pregnant with our first baby. We are currently renting in a 3rd floor without an elevator.
We are thinking about buying but I have no idea how the mortgage system or the real state market. We do not even have cable but every time we go to my in-laws house we have what we talk hgtv marathons. We love property brothers and she will go nuts if we could be consider for an episode in Chicago…
Thank you in advance for your wonderful show and I hope i can hear from you,

Fernando

December 26, 2013 at 7:08 pm
(43) Lena says:

Would like a chance to have the experience in life for newer and exciting moments. To be content in our own home is a thought thats been a question in my mind for it’s design irepresents affordability and would like it to be my dream style choice ..can u u feel it?

December 28, 2013 at 8:33 pm
(44) Alexis Acevedo says:

Hi Jonathan and Drew! I am a Huge fan and absolutely Adore the show and your work! I think it’s great what you do for people and I am currently House Hunting in Fort Wayne IN! I am 5months Prengant and would love to get my Fiancé, Daughter and Baby #2 into a new home before I deliver! This is A Hail Mary bc I am thinking that you guys are my only shot at doing this! I know your casting calls in A town but it’s only a short 8hours south of me. Praying for a Miracle and Anticipating a Response.
your friend, Lex

December 29, 2013 at 5:33 pm
(45) Maude Elaine Reed says:

My husband just passed away and I am going to move back to the main house. I had someone living in it that was to do some remolding work on it and did nothing but made it worse. Now I am left with a mess and don’t know where to begin. My daughter and her boyfriend moved in with me to try to make ends meet. She has 4 children plus they have is sisters 2 they are taking care of to keep them out of foster care. This house was the house my husband grew up in and it was built in 1938. It was part of Alaska colony project. I have limited income due to his passing. I need some help as well as ideas that would work for me. It saddens me what has happen to the house. It has been rough enough dealing with Johns passing, but now the house.
Right now we have 8 people in a 14×60 trailer. Any advice would be welcome. Thank-you Maude Elaine Reed

December 30, 2013 at 9:38 am
(46) Tonya Lee says:

Hi, Maude. Your post, along many of the others here, really touched my heart. So many in need have responded to this blog post that I wrote, and my heart goes out to all of you and especially you, Maude. I am a designer married to a builder, and when the US economy collapsed, we were able to greatly downscale and have so far survived… so far. We have so many friends that have lost their houses, jobs, health care (due to the recent Obamacare issues) and more. The stresses of all of this have also hurt countless marriages, children, and families. I am praying desperately for better times ahead, and better times ahead for you too. You sound like a precious lady that is shouldering a lot, so I hope you find much joy, rest and peace in the new year.

There seems to be much confusion, so I want to remind everyone that this is not the official HGTV casting call website. (If it were, I would send assistance to so all of you!) A while back, I noticed that the Property Brothers show was seeking families and individuals for appearances on their episodes, so I wrote this post to spread the word. I want to encourage everyone to visit HGTV at the link in the blog post to find out about current casting calls along with other ways to possibly gain renovation help or housing assistance via HGTV.

January 8, 2014 at 9:31 pm
(47) pansy wiggins says:

Hi guys Love your show and watch it nearly every time I find it on> Wondering if there is any opportunity for you to do a house makeover for us,, We have lived in our home since 1983 would love to get rid of the paneling & etc….. we have raised our family in this home, now we are empty nesters and change is needed so much! Our home is a 3 Bedroom split level in a beautiful area outside of Chattanooga Tn.
Thanks Pansy Wiggins

January 20, 2014 at 6:33 pm
(48) Sarah says:

Hi I live in Crookston, MN I know you don’t usually don’t come to MN.I am a 12 year old and my parents are in love with your show we went on a trip and we taped all your shows. We are moving to Detroit Lakes and we are trying to get the perfect home. We were going to move to Thief River Falls, MN and we had found the perfect home but something happened with the job and now we are moving to Detroit Lakes, MN. I know you probably won’t ever come to help us get the perfect home, but please try to because I know it would be my parent would love it. I just hope you can.

January 28, 2014 at 12:05 am
(49) maryprice says:

would y come to michigan

February 4, 2014 at 9:44 pm
(50) David Ricks says:

My son is told he looks like he could be a third property brother and I agree. He was in a band called Days Difference. They’re google-able. Check it out, it’s easy to tesee which one he is.

February 15, 2014 at 8:27 pm
(51) Clarisa says:

My husband and I have been trying to find our dream home with a low budget but it hasn’t worked yet
We are first time home buyer and would love to see if the property brothers would help
When are they coming to Rhode Island

February 27, 2014 at 9:38 pm
(52) GAIL STEPHENSON says:

WE ARE A NEWLY ENGAGED 60+ COUPLE SOON TO RETIRED- ONE PROBLEM–WE NEED A HOME WE CAN ENJOY TOGETHER FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES…… PLEASE PROPERTY BROTHERS CONSIDER SENIORS WHO STILL HAVE DREAMS OF HAVING THAT HOME THEY ALWAYS WANTED…. COME TO LOVELY CHESAPEAKE VA

March 2, 2014 at 4:46 am
(53) BARBARA says:

I LOVE THESE GUYS…WISH I HAD A HOME FOR THEM TO REMODEL..

March 21, 2014 at 10:51 am
(54) Luke says:

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. Thanks for the info!

April 19, 2014 at 7:35 pm
(55) Patricia Wise says:

I have a challenage for you both My Son has just bought his first house with his VA loan in Riverside Ca But He can no longer pay for my Rent So He wants to buy me a home but only has 15,000 to spend He said if I could find a home for that much he would buy it I am 52 years old have no family and in need of a home all the Mobile parks are 55+ they wont let me in He wants me to be close by him I cant seem to find anything I think it would take a Miracle to find a forclosure for 10,000 or less and fix it up for 5,000 I dont know if you can do anything for me but I am at the end of my rope the rent is paid up untill May 2014 I am a Diabetic whos Family all died from Diabetes I work as a crossing Gauard and a Nanny In Need Of a HOME Thank You Trish Wise